Wednesday, December 03, 2014

we're all alright

I feel like I should preface this post by saying that everyone here is fine.  I tend to get panicky when bloggers disappear for months without warning, so I certainly feel bad about doing it myself.  Life has been busy and sometimes difficult, but overall just regular life.  It takes up so much time, doesn't it? 

I'm also redefining what I consider a proper "blog post" and hope to post more frequently with shorter updates.  Like this one: eleven years ago today, Steve and I started dating.  



I read the Anne of Green Gables books late in life, after we had been married a year or so.  When I came upon this quote, I almost couldn't believe how much it described my feelings about falling in love with Steve.  


“Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one’s life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one’s side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music, perhaps . . . perhaps . . . love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath.” 
― L.M. Montgomery

I'm feeling thankful today for a beautiful friendship that unfolded into love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover