Friday, February 14, 2014

a love note



"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."                        -George Washington Burnap

Hello, friends- happy Valentine's day!  I am having a fantastic one, as I usually do.  Want to know my secret?  It's not receiving flowers or chocolate (although I do respond quite well to chocolate) or fancy dinners.  Every Valentine's day, I have a great day simply because I choose to.  Do you ever do that- just wake up in the morning and decide how you will feel?  I should probably try it more often than I do, but I've found that a big part of enjoying the day is just putting your mind to it.  


We started our day with  heart shaped pancakes and cranberry juice and then Arthur and I made a heart garland for the mantle.  He chose to wear his red fleece today, proving once again that he is a perfect fit for our family.  I thought about how lucky I am to have two Valentines this year- one who woos me by secretly doing all the breakfast dishes, the other who tells me he's proud of me for not throwing my food on the floor (as if anyone in this house ever throws food on the floor). 
I couldn't love anyone more.  


This afternoon we're braving the snowy streets to pick up groceries and thread (the two things we run out of when stuck at home for three days) and then heading back for a cozy night at home.  We're expecting our favorite friends for a visit this weekend- the perfect end to a fun week!  Hope you're feeling loved (and warm) today!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover