Wednesday, April 18, 2012

let the games begin!

I am already looking forward to the summer Olympics this year.  I love the Olympics and the sense of camaraderie they bring with them- it's so fun to think that people all over the world are interested in the same thing at the same time!  I'm also pretty stoked about the location, because I am a little fascinated with London. 

I have vivid memories of watching the Olympics with my family, growing up.  I was enthralled with the gymnasts and would always calculate how old I would be during the next Olympics and think about if I'd still be young enough to compete in gymnastics.  Never mind that my gymnastics "career" had ended at age five (at the suggestion of my instructors).  I always assumed that four years was plenty of time to develop my latent talent. 

Now that I am 31 and still can't do a cartwheel, I'm realistic enough to know that I will be watching each and every summer Olympics from the comfort of my own home.  And I'm okay with that.  But you can imagine my excitement when I found out this week that I made it to the final round of the 2012 Handmade Olympics

My new summer tote is one of eight finalists in Event 1: handmade goods with an innovative design.  The finalists were chosen by a panel of judges, but the winners are chosen by voting- so I need your help!  Click on over and cast your vote for my tote (what a catchy, rhyming slogan!), if you will.  You can only vote once per computer or device, so if you have more than one, feel free to leave some extra love. 

While you're over there, be sure to check out some of the awesome nominations in the other six events.  I especially love this sweet wool coat by tiny happy and am so impressed that she made up the pattern herself!

Another favorite are these wooden stacking bowls by Bright Life Toys.  She has such fun and colorful wooden toys in her Etsy shop.  I am just crazy about wooden toys!

So, don't forget- vote for the tote!  Tell your friends and coworkers!  Help make my Olympic dreams come true! 

p.s.- voting is open through April 27th

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover