meet lauren            about the shop            classes

Thursday, March 01, 2012

spring collection preview

Over the past six weeks, I've been hard at work on ideas for my spring collection.  This is a huge deal for me because I am hopelessly impatient when it comes to projects.  I just like to get started.  I plan as I go.  I learn from my (sometimes many) mistakes. 


But this collection is going to be unlike anything I've ever tried before.  And, although I do desperately want to get started, I am also enjoying the prep work a lot more than usual. 


One of the fun things about the prep work is all the sketching I get to do.  Drawing cool shapes with a pencil hardly feels like work at all. 

Once we are both happy with a sketch, it gets scanned into my embroidery software and I do lots more editing with a mouse, instead of a pencil.  I greatly prefer the pencil. 

All of the editing can be tedious, but it's totally worth it for the satisfaction I get when something finally turns out exactly how I pictured it in my head. 

Steve and I discussed the irony of turning a sketch into a digital image, just to turn it back into a sketch with a different medium.  It sure does seem like there should be an easier way. 

I am just a day or two away from the end of the preparation phase and the beginning of the execution phase and I can't wait to get started!  More sneak previews coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover