Friday, March 30, 2012

showing off

Steve's family is visiting this week and we are busy showing off our blue skies and spring blooms.  I love Charlotte in the springtime. 

I have an unfortunate habit (illness?) of making up household projects for myself right before visitors come.  Case in point: we have an unattractive shelf in our laundry room that has been covered with an old pink tablecloth for four years.  But, earlier this week, I decided that I needed to make a cute curtain for that shelf and get rid of the tablecloth.  I'm sure there was a better time to do that, but that's not how I roll.  The curtain is darn cute though- I'll share some pictures next week.

If you've been reading this blog for awhile (or you've been to my house), you know that I love to feed people.  Something that is really important to me is that we always have enough food for our guests.  So I may go a little bit overboard with the grocery shopping, just to be on the safe side.  The girl who was bagging my groceries earlier this week asked tentatively, "How long do you think all this will last you?" and I looked at her and said, in my most serious voice, "I'm just hoping it will get us through the weekend."  Then I cracked a smile and told her we were having several house guests for several days, which hopefully made my overflowing cart situation less crazy. 

We're planning lots of meals on the patio this weekend.  Spring is perfect for eating outside because it's not too hot and the mosquitoes aren't out yet.  Oh mosquitoes!  Why do you torture us so?

Hope the weekend is sunny and flower-y where you are!  I'll be back on Monday with lots of pictures, plus some Easter recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover