Tuesday, February 07, 2012

YOU'VE WON!!!

Have you seen those H & R Block commercials?  The ones where there is a big room full of people, having some sort of rally, and the person on stage opens up an envelope and shouts the amount of their refund- "Three thousand, two hundred and ninety-eight dollars!!!"  And then everybody cheers and and the person fans themselves with the envelope, like they may just pass out over their good fortune. 

I find these commercials hilarious, and a little disturbing.  I worry that there are people out there who don't actually know that their tax refund is their money.  It's not like winning the lottery. 

This is not to say that I'm not super thrilled to get a tax refund.  And what is really fun is when I do our taxes during the day and then get to tell Steve what the refund is when he gets home at night.  So I decided to make a little ceremony out of it, ala H & R Block, and give him the amount to open on a piece of paper.  And then I snapped pictures, to fully capture the joy of the moment. 

Speaking of joy, we have paper whites blooming in the kitchen.  I catch whiffs of them as I am cooking or doing the dishes and the scent is so perfumey-sweet that I feel a little light headed.  In a good way.  I don't know why we haven't had paper whites in the kitchen every winter. 

We also have daffodils blooming in the front yard.  I recorded the date of the first bloom this year: January 27th.  Last year it was February 21st, and I thought that was early.  For someone who doesn't believe in global warming, this weather is posing quite a problem. 

This morning we had another sewing class and it was lovely, as usual.  I am having so much fun with these classes.  I hope that my students are having at least half as much fun as I am. 


I'm looking forward to an afternoon of shop work today.  I am working on a fabric list that is enormously long and getting excited about a fabric shopping date with Steve this coming weekend.  "Someone who will shop for fabric with me" was not specifically on my list of things to look for in a mate, but I sure am glad it came as a bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover