Wednesday, September 07, 2011

labor day weekend


We had such a great time last weekend while Steve's family was here!  They came to kick off his birthday celebration a week early.  And if there's anyone who deserves a birthday celebration that lasts for a week, it's Steve. 



We spent two days running around to some of our favorite spots here in town.  Our first stop was the farmer's market, where we picked up flowers, figs, candles, kettle corn, and lots of veggies for dinner.  I am always super proud to show off our farmer's market, because I think it's the best one I've ever been to. 


We also spent some time downtown, checking out Steve's office.  The views were amazing!  He is on the 25th floor of an all glass building and we spent at least an hour watching the city from above. 


Being at Steve's office made me realize how different our days are from each other!  He sits at a desk in this very businessy-looking place, high above the city, while I putter around our house and yard and sometimes venture out to run errands. 


There is a beautiful old cemetary near Steve's office that we walked around for a bit.  It was strange to see the short lifespans of people in the 16th and 17th century.  I have always liked reading epitaphs and noticed that most of these referred to patience in suffering or endurance of pain.  Many of the stones were so old that the words can no longer be made out. 


We ate great meals together and had plenty of time to talk and I know that Steve felt really celebrated.  We sung to him a little over blueberry pie


As I mentioned yesterday, I am doing a lot of shop work this week and posting new items for fall.  I love posting new items!  Be sure to stop by the shop and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover