Thursday, September 15, 2011

thoughts of fall


It's that time of year again, friends.  The time of year when I step out on the front porch, prop the camera up on a few books, and try to take pictures of myself, all while acting nonchalant and like I am certainly NOT photographing myself whenever someone walks by. 

My life is fairly glamorous. 


But, um, speaking of glamorous- have you seen this bag?!?  I set out to design something that was a cross between a messenger bag, a briefcase, and a purse and I think I just about did it. 

Don't you love it when you imagine something and then manage to somehow produce what was once in your head?

My biggest vision for this bag was its general boxy-ness.  I wanted a bag with clean lines and sharp corners.  Nothing too slouchy or flowy.  Fall makes me long for contrasting colors and straight lines.  I bought a striped shirt last weekend and have been swooning over some striped mittens at Target. 


Fall also makes me wish I was going back to school.  Not the homework part, or the class part, but the buying school supplies-walking around campus-cheering on the football team part.  So I made a bag that I would like to take back to school with me, if I were going.  Or that maybe my mom or teacher friends would enjoy taking to school with them.  It is the perfect size for notebooks and folders and the flat bottom makes it easy to organize things. 

In a burst of foresight, I made an extra one for myself, so that I wouldn't have to go through the parting anxiety of making something I love and then selling it. 

Today I am working on some other sewing projects and making pizza with homemade tomato sauce.  I'll share the recipe tomorrow if it's tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover