Friday, September 09, 2011

a quilt, a purse, and 2 boxes of tissues

Yesterday I washed and ironed all the fabrics that I've collected so far for our quilt.  It's finally happening.

How many times have I mentioned making my first full sized quilt?  I'm sure so many that you've completely given up on me by now. 

The problem was committing to a color pallete, you see.  As much as I love color, I have color committment issues. 

I had cut an example of the quilted pillow sham above from a Pottery Barn cataloge many moons ago and recently revisited it.  I decided that I could live with the color scheme for a long time- red, white, blue, brown.  Who gets tired of red, white, and blue


I think I may have too much blue, so I'm now on the hunt for some white and brown to tone it back a bit. 


My goal is to be sleeping under this thing by Christmas.  While visions of sugarplums dance in my head. 


I've also been working hard this week on new purse style.  When I design a new product, I sort of learn as I go, so this bag has already evolved a bit from my initial sketches.  But I think I like it even better now. 


I wanted to make a bag to match the new checkbook covers because I think that matching sets make great gifts.  And we're coming up on gift season!  Whenever possible, I like to work ahead of the need. 

Our birthday weekend plans are on hold until we figure out if the cold we both have is getting better or worse.  Either way, we plan to eat some great food and disconnect from the outside world for a bit and I'm totally excited.  Sniffles and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover