Tuesday, March 01, 2011

back to school

Happy March!  You know how I love the first of the month and March is certainly no exception, especially when there are things already blooming.  One of my favorite things about the first of the month is that it is a fresh start, so it is perfectly appropriate that today I went back to school. 

Now I know that "back to school" conjures up images of me, wearing a backpack, holding my lunchbox, and heading out for a day of new friends and teachers, but it was not that type of back to school.  I didn't have to dig out my backpack, but I did eat lunch out of my lunchbox.  But not because of the class.  It's kind of hard to explain what goes on around here during the day...

So.  I am taking an online class for independent business owners and it started today and I am super excited.  It's called Indie Business 3.0 and it's taught by some amazing crafty business owner-y type ladies and I can't wait to find out how they got where they are today. 


My first assignment was to make a fancy binder to keep my class notes in.  Any class that requires me to cut and glue colored paper for two hours gets an A+ from me. 


I am glad that I took the plunge and signed up for the course and I really think that it will be a step in the right direction for Plumfield Shop.  And it's exciting to think that I'll be working with people who are passionate about the things that I am passionate about and live all over the world!  I love the idea of international friends!

So what else have I been up to?  Springing up the house, for one.  Steve's mom gave us these lovely urns in January and today they got filled up with dried hydrangea blossoms.  The mantle is next and I will be sharing pictures of that next week sometime. 

This weekend I scored this amazing basket for the amazing price of $20!  I have been carrying it from room to room trying to decide where it should live first.  It makes me want to go to the farmers market and fill it with fresh flowers and veggies.  OR to pack up some chicken salad and grapes and cookies and take a picnic with Steve.  And I'm sure if it were colder out, I'd be dreaming of filling it with warm blankets and slippers and setting it right by the sofa.  I can already tell we're going to be great friends.


I'll leave you with a peek at my latest project.  It involves these three fabrics, some hand embroidery, and a whole lot of recipes.  Ponder that for a day or two and I will be back here to share the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover