Monday, February 07, 2011

what I did this weekend

This weekend, I knit. 

I knit with Steve next to me on the sofa and a fire in the fireplace.

I knit under my favorite quilt while Steve made phone calls and did computer work. 



Don't tell any football fans, but I knit during the Superbowl. 

I think I'm actually getting somewhere.  I am well on my way to finishing my first ever knitting project.  It is a thick green wool scarf and should be done in time for me to wear it exactly three times before it is too warm for wool scarves.  But golly I'll be excited to pull it out next winter.  Just think about that.  I may even forget that I made it and I love it when that happens. 


This weekend was a great combination of rest and productivity.  We were home a lot, which I love, and even things that were technically chores seemed pretty fun. 

I made chili for the chilly week ahead.


And thawed some cornbread to go with it. 

I also organized some of the closets.  One was especially satisfying, so of course I had to take pictures.

But first: does anyone else have a Bag of Bags?  You know, one large shopping bag into which you throw all the other, smaller shopping and gift bags?  I am convinced that most people have one.  Well, my Bag of Bags was in sad shape.  It was always falling over and everything inside was so disorganized that it was hard to find exactly what you were looking for.  So part of my closet organization involved the Bag of Bags.  I divided the bags into small, medium, and large.  Then I used huge binder clips to clip the large stack together and the medium stack together and put them all in this nice tall J. Crew bag. 

 This area of the closet it sort of a gift wrap station, so I had about five rolls of wrapping paper that would attack you if you tried to get something else out.  Now they are tied together and standing up nicely in the corner.  I was wishing for one of those huge rubber bands, but we don't have any.  We do, however, have lots of ribbon. 

The small bags that were always getting lost in the bottom of the Bag of Bags are now in their own, small bag.  I chose the prettiest one since I'll see it every time I open the closet. 

We also completed several exciting art projects around the house that I will be sharing later this week.  Tune in tomorrow to see how we covered a ten foot long stretch of bare wall, relatively inexpensively.  And on Wednesday, I'll be sharing recipes for some delicious treats in part two of "How to have a great Valentine's Day". 

How to have a great Monday afternoon: a cup of tea, some sewing, and candles burning to beat the dreariness outside. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover