I always end up feeling shorted on the months that only have thirty days- it seems like a bit of a scramble at the end to fit everything in. (You can imagine the trouble I have in Februrary...)
This month was no different, however as I look back over our pictures, I feel pretty pleased with all we crammed in, unfinished lists aside.
- We hosted a Labor Day impromptu neighborhood pool party with two inflatable pools. And suddenly, what used to make us look like weirdos is totally cool.
- We all survived Arthur's first week of preschool and baked cookies to celebrate.
- We went to Virginia to visit my family, our best friends, and Arthur's three favorite lady friends. It was cool and fall-like and just the way to kick off the season.
- We set up the tripod and took a few family pictures after I happened to need one and realized that the only decent pictures of the three of us were taken over a year ago. Arthur was actually wearing his flag shirt in our last family photo as well, which may cause a bit of speculation about his wardrobe selection. I promise he has at least three other shirts.
- I tried out Hello Fresh, a service that delivers meal ingredients with recipes to your door. It was amazing. I can't stop thinking about how great it was and plotting when I can use it next. I took lots of pictures of the whole process and am planning a thorough write up on that soon.
If you can believe it, we also traveled to Texas, hired a shop helper, and redid the laundry room. Not bad for only thirty days.
I'm already pumped for October and ready to see what we can accomplish with that extra day!